Wednesday, May 07, 2008

FYP Presentation on 5th May 2008

To be honest, i was very nervous about the FYP presentation. It was rather unusual as presentations have never been a problem for me. I really do not know why but i guess it must have something to do with my report.

It was not exactly the best report i have done and for certain parts, there were plenty of loopholes which were problematic. Hence, i guessed i was worried about the questions that my moderator might asked.

I was in school and feeling nervous and luckily i met lots of people in school who encouraged me!! And surprisingly, Weimin didn't do his presentation in the morning; his was shifted to Tuesday afternoon instead. Since his project supervisor is my moderator, he was told to sit in during my presentation.

That was a good move for me since his presence made felt slightly better. A friendly face in the audience was really i needed. Not that there were a lot of people, only 3 - my supervisor, moderator and WM. And my moderator was really kind, the questions he posed was not too challenging and I think i answered alright.

Actually i arrived at the presentation venue much earlier, i was hoping to listen to the presentation before me. Their supervisor is the same as mine hence i was hoping to find out what comments he might give. To my surprise, the moment i entered the room, my supervisor was reprimanding them - for not being serious, for doing the wrong things and stuffs...

That gave me a fright! What if... what if... what if... what if he scold me as well? haha... that was a scary sudden thought...

But it turned out pretty good. I remembered my lines and it went on pretty smooth. Good for me!

In the midst of the presentation, my mobile phone rang. Somebody was calling me and i took a quick look at it - it was my fyp partner. She called me at least 3 times but since i was presenting i didn't pick up her calls. Then i saw message and she realized she couldn't come for the presentation as she had fell sick... again. Luckily i never wanted to do the presentation together with her. Imagine she fell sick and left me alone to present without her parts... that will be a disaster...

In all, it was a very good experience and it sure marks the end of my NTU journey. Would i miss NTU? I think i would... i would miss Nanyang Lake, Hall4, Hall15, Canteen A (which has stepped into history), Subway (that i only managed to eat there a few times), Sakae Sushi (hope to eat there tomorrow), the lecture halls especially LT7 and the tutorial rooms...

No comments: