Thursday, January 29, 2009

新年新习惯

"播下一个行动,收获一种习惯;播下一种习惯,收获一种性格;播下一种性格,收获一种命运。"

Saw this from Mypaper(28th Jan 09), it was quoted from William James, a pioneering American psychologist and philosopher trained as a medical doctor.Somehow, I can relate to this phrase; it is easier to do something than to give up something.

If a person wants to quit smoking, it will be easier for him to jog or swim or other types of sports than asking him to stop smoking all of a sudden. With other activities to distract him from the "seductive" cigarette, he will not be tempted to light up one.

Ripple from next door brushes her teeth everyday after lunch; I think it is a good habit and I have since bought another set of toothbrush and toothpaste. Not that I want to quit anything, I just want to start this Year of the Ox with new habits and hopefully things will turn out good.

Happy 牛 Year: 大年初四, 事事顺心!

No comments: