Saturday, May 28, 2011

Dali @ the ArtScience Museum

P5270057

The ArtScience Museum at the Marina Bay Sands is currently having the exhibition, Dali: Mind of a Genius – The Exhibition. Read all about Dali here.

P5270036

“I do not understand why, when I asked for a grilled lobster, I am never served a cooked Telephone.”

P5270143

From the ArtScience Museum, this is what one will get to see.

P5270050P5270052

P5270133

I hope I got the name of this correct, “Dance of Time”. Dali’s style is really out of this world but yet the meaning behind each artwork can make a lot of senses. Who says 12pm must be the time to eat lunch? Why can’t you eat lunch at 2pm? Time is more than the digits found on the clock.

P5270062

This is the Woman Aflame. Her body is burning in flame but yet she is stepping on water. There are drawers on her body and they were drawn opened, indicating that she has nothing to hide. She is a free person.

P5270103

 

P5270126

P5270140

P5270161

Besides the Dali’s exhibits, there are 2 other exhibitions going on as well: Van Gogh Alive – The Exhibition and Shipwrecked: Tang Treasures and Monsoon Winds.

Many thanks to the ASM’s team for the kind hospitality. It was definitely an eye-opener for me and I believe many visitors will learn and benefit from their trip to ASM as well.

I am glad that we have a museum of such high standard. Hopefully, MBS has more exciting plans for Singapore.

The ArtScience Museum Official website: http://www.marinabaysands.com/Singapore-Entertainment/Activities/Art-Science-Museum/

No comments: