Saturday, May 26, 2007

I ~ ~ ~ O ~ ~ ~

Gosh, it has been some times since i last posted anything here.

Well, i have started my IO, which means Industrial Orientation - a shorter version of Industrial Attachment (IA). My company is Duffill Watts Pte Ltd (DWPL), a transportation consultancy firm. We do things like assessing the impact of traffic when an area is undergoing development, solving congestion problems, reviewing road safety etc. From what i understand, for a transportation consultancy firm, DWPL is considered a big one with 12 staffs as compared to some with 3-4. I am really grateful to Ali, the manager of the company, who considered and accepted my application to do my IO in DWPL. It has been 2 weeks since i last started work and i must say i like it and yet, hate it at the same time.

Firstly, the office is at Cecil Street, near Tanjong Pagar MRT. It is a must for DWPL staffs to be in standard office wear, including me as well. The feeling is like going back to primary school, wearing uniform everyday. Then, being located in the CBD region simply means that there are lots of people working here. And indeed, during the AM & PK peak, there are so many people that we have to queue to use the escalator. Tsk tsk...

As i said earlier, there are 12 staffs in the company, 4 Sporeans, 2 New Zealanders, 2 Burmese, 1 Sri Lankan, 1 indian, 1 Chinese and 1 Indonesian. They are really a nice bunch of people who are willing to teach me things and guiding me along. However, they work too hard. Or rather, they don't have a choice. Office hours is from 8.30am to 5.30pm, other then me and the secretary, the rest almost started work from 8am and only finished at 6pm. For lunch, some even da-bao back to the office to eat. Kind of no life leh...

I enjoyed my lunch the most. Especially since there are many good food around. There's Amoy St Food Centre, Lau Pat Sat, and many small eating houses. Some are nice, some are cheap and nice. Amazing!! And the fact that, i am always on the look out of friends who are in the area, we can have lunch anytime together. Wa ha ha ha...

2 weeks had gone passed just like that, 8 more good weeks to come. And after that, i do hope to enjoy 2 weeks of holiday before school starts again for the final year.

No comments: