Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Great via Ferrata Wall Challenge!

2011-08-20 18.47.56

So I signed up for the challenge again this year and almost chickened out. I mean, I attended a course in the morning from 8.30am to 5.30pm and I had to travel from Tampines at 6.30am. I was really really really tired.

So somehow I managed to push myself and went ahead. I drew Lot 5 which was a killer!!!! Even before the start of the challenge, I had to rock-climb up the wall and it was only then that I realised that I had not done anything like this for a long time. A little shaky initially but things got easier eventually.

There was one guy who hung on the wall for 100 minutes!!!! Yes, that is more than an hour, 1 hour 40 minutes to be exact. He got Lot 6 and the emcee said it was one of the ‘good lot’.

Not easy.

Last year’s champion came back and only managed to stay there for 70 minutes. Me? I did 15 minutes.

Next year again? Maybe… because the goodies bag is really good!

No comments: