Saturday, January 12, 2008

Taiwan's opposition KMT claims landslide victory in parliamentary polls

Read the full story here.

Seems like the Taiwanese are really disappointed with the
Democratic Progressive Party (DPP). Otherwise, opposition Kuomintang (KMT) would not be able to secure 86 seats in the 113-seat legislature.

I watched this election with high anticipation as I foreseed that such things will never happen in Singapore. We have a different culture and most importantly, we are only a tiny red dot. We can't afford political unrest; investors will run away. Hence, when democracy was to VS economic investments, $$ is more essential. We have no natural resources and we have to take each steps carefully.

I envy the political freedom in Taiwan but i know in my heart, this will never happen in Singapore. At least not in my lifetime.

No comments: